I think everyone has these classic melodies that signify their childhood in one way or another. I've been really in to Bruce Hornsby lately. He's a classic from the 80's that I had completely forgotten about until about a month ago. I bought his album on Amazon and have been just JAMMING at work today!! Mandolin Rain? Every Little Kiss? But in all seriousness, there is really only 1 Hornsby song that is worthy of a VH1 classic flashback video post...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07QvpUE2AMs
That's just the way it is...
This reminds me of riding in the back of my parents beige Volvo with the windows down on a Saturday morning heading to Bodega Bay at any age between 3 and 12...Mom with a pillow on her lap relaxing and dad tapping the side of the car in rythm with the beat.
I can't wait to introduce my daughter to the magical sounds of Bruce Hornsby & The Range.
Thanks mom and dad, I love you guys.
-Chris
This is freakin awesome!
ReplyDeleteWith my parents it was waking up to Michael McDonald or Dean Martin blaring over the vacuum on Saturday mornings with the smell of coffee brewing. Good post babe.
ReplyDeleteYeah our trips to the cabin are full to the brim with such awesome music and memories...Bruce Hornsby brings back lots of good memories...thanks for the walk back in time Chris...love it!
ReplyDeleteTrufe. Obi was so frightened of the vacuum, nothing else really, besides Dad. Good post Chris. I think you need a manly font for the titles of your posts. I know you're having a daughter and all but c'mon. -Grayson
ReplyDelete