The crib is built! This 4 hour beauty was a joint collaboration between Meg and I on a Saturday evening after an extensive Ikea outing. It fits perfectly next to our guest bed and includes a "Mini Crib" and a changing table. I felt rather accomplished after emptying the 6 large Ikea boxes and sorting through the 41 wood panels and 110 screws and bolts of varying length. Meg saved us early on with a few comments like "I think that is the LEFT side" when I was seconds away from using a power tool to forever cement it into place on the right hand side...
The view of our new Klimt photo that now dominates the nursery wall- Meg and I both love this print and it fits us well. As you can see, Strider has made himself right at home with this whole situation.
The room is coming together nicely. We bought newborn diapers today at the store, they are so small! I can't wait to meet our daughter and introduce her to the world. I know our families are just as excited. Meg has officially entered her 3rd trimester, putting us in the "Home Stretch". More to come soon!
Great job, it looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love this room...it's so soft and peaceful..and Strider thinks you did it all for him ;-)
ReplyDeletePlease frame this picture of Strider in "His" bedroom.....smile. It's too much.
ReplyDelete