"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Thursday, July 28, 2016

Tick Tock... Five Years on the Clock

We have a five year old... as of today.
Five years ago looked like this:
And this morning looked like this:


 Time is a weird thing.  It folds on itself and stretches thin and is so much like water - the weight and the ability to change form; the thirst for it and the drowning sensation that it so often gives.  I find myself taking these shallow little breaths and having to remind myself that I need to breathe big gulps of each moment.  I need to remember that time will pass whether I breathe quickly or slowly.  I so often find myself in times of big moments (like this one) trying to hold my breath as if this is somehow going to hold time in place allowing me to keep the moment longer, hold my 4.99999 year old a little longer before the clock strikes F-I-V-E-years.  Not so the case.  Tick tock.  It is here.  Breathe it in (tick).  Breathe it out (tock).

Here is the morning...
Sister climbing into bed to wake her up, wishing on candles in bed,  chocolate muffins for breakfast.




























No comments:

Post a Comment