 |
| The Day started with Tink heading to school. |
So Halloween was my last day of school before my maternity leave so I stayed later than I had hoped talking and planning with my long term sub. I picked up Cheyenne (I mean, Tink) and raced home to meet Chris. The whole Sweeney clan was on their way up and I barely beat them home. So in the commotion of fixing Cheyenne's hair, getting candy ready, saying hello, the door bell rang and Chris yells "First trick-or-treaters! Megan, can you please get that?" I had bobby pins in my mouth, Cheyenne on my lap and a 9 month pregnant belly, and there are 5 other people in the house that could get the door, but I gave a little sigh and grabbed the candy bowl, moved the curtain and low and behold - there are my parents!
They had heard that I was missing family and jumped on a plane to surprise me and join us in our Halloween festivities. Everyone was in on it. I truly love a surprise and honestly, I rarely get it because I am such a planner (blessing and curse).
Some pictures of the night:
 |
| You can always count on the Sweeney Boys to be festive |
.jpg) |
Everyone took a turn at the door handing out candy at the door.
We ended the night with a count of just under 1,000 trick or treaters |
 |
| The prettiest Tink and the best night |
No comments:
Post a Comment