"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Monday, November 3, 2014

Maternity Leave

My leave has begun.
I have just over 2 weeks to get things done, before the little one is supposed to arrive.  I just hope she gives me this week to get grades in and clean the house.
I kind of can't believe that I actually got to this point - I had 4 subs commit and cancel in this process.  Back in September, Chris and his infinite knowledge of how I work, encouraged me to set a hard date to start my leave, so that I didn't just work myself ragged and resent not having time to prepare for baby.  Last Wednesday, I called Chris and told him that I have to work an extra week.  I just didn't feel right leaving without a sub lined up.  Anyway, I'm so glad it got sorted out last minute.  Either way, it is a little surreal now that it is here.  I have miles to go before I sleep though.

The plan is to close up shop in my school mind this week and then spend the weekend and next week opening up shop in my baby mind!

On another note, here is Cheyenne's school picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment