"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Spontaneous Picnics are the best kind of Picnics

For the past 6 months or so, dinner time has just been Cheyenne and me because Chris' crazy commute
puts him home too late to wait for him (this is hopefully changing soon - fingers crossed). Me, never being much of a foodie, mostly sees eating dinner as a task like brushing your teeth or getting dressed.  Of course I enjoy a good meal from time to time, but 9 times out of 10, it is because of the atmosphere or the event, not really the food.  This must be why I love happy hour and appetizers the best!  So, with Cheyenne, I try to create a nice atmosphere and variety with her dinner, but there are so many times that dinner just feels too routine and task-like - you know - dinner, brush teeth, comfies on, night-night, clean up...

We have this patch of grass across the street and I figured last minute, why not just take our plates over there.  It doesn't have to be a planned picnic where I have to pack things in little tupperware, we can literally just take our plates over there. What a concept!

I told Cheyenne she could bring any of her stuffed animals that she wanted and she chose her  trick-or-treat pumpkin.

It was wonderful - not task-like, but a fun summer event.

P.S.  I am loving her hair these days.  I pin it back and braid it every morning and by evening all the bows and clips have found precarious places around the house and the curls emerge and go wild.








No comments:

Post a Comment