"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Thursday, February 28, 2013

A toast to Catalina

My heart has been left in many cities in my life (San Francisco included) but perhaps not so many times as in the city of Avalon on Catalina.  Chris and I each have spent a handful of birthdays there.  We spent one of my favorite vacations with Megan and Steve there - one of the first that we really got to know our dear bro in law.  We have spent day trips, overnights, spontaneous and planned trips, perhaps the most special one ending with our engagement 4 years ago (almost exactly).  This time we brought a new heart to share. So here's to you dear Avalon.  On my 32nd birthday, I toast to you.  Thank you for being so near.  We see your beach from our beach, and yet, when we arrive on your shore, ours feels like a world away.  Cheers and thank you for harboring us during so many stages.

February 16, 2013















Is there anything half as peaceful than a sleeping baby in your husband's warm arms, after a full day of eating and walking and sun and ocean wind, cruising on the water right before sunset?




I can't think of one thing.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and thoughts. I need to experience Catalina Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you print some of these Catalina pictures for me?

    ReplyDelete