"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year in Review


Dear 2012,
You treated us well and gave us a strong and calm canvas to create a beautiful and memorable year.  The time has come to say adieu and I must say I am ready.  I am ready for lucky '13.  Each year lays bricks for the next, and I thank you dearly for the foundation you gave us.  For I feel like 2013 may need this stability for all of the building we will be doing.  
Farewell with love,
Megan


2012 in Review

January
2012 began with a party and fireworks.  This month we went to the Natural History Museum - Cheyenne slept, and Chris reveled.  Cheyenne and Strider really started to form a friendship and recognize each other as playmates.  Grayson moved to New York and I returned to work - both of which I thought would be the end of me - but as most things go, day by day, it was fine.

February
February brought a 30th birthday for Chris and a first tooth for Cheyenne.  Oma came and stayed with us for a couple of weeks in the transition of me going back to work.  We did a lot of trips to the beach and to Farmer's Market and Cheyenne's scooting turned to crawling and crawling turned to standing.

March
In March, Miss Cheyenne was the bravest girl and went in for surgery to remove her extra little toe.  It is the most proud I have ever felt in my life.  She is truly the one who kept Chris and I calm through this potentially scary day.  I was in awe of my sweet girl.


April

In April we took the drive up the coast to Chris' family cabin.  My parents and Strider and the whole Sweeney crew joined in the coastal party and we explored here and there in Bodega and Jenner.


May

May brought about a trip to New York to see Gray.  We saw all the tourist sights - Lady Liberty, Ellis Island, Gound Zero.  We walked the Brooklyn Bridge and saw a couple shows.  We lucked out to be there the same weekend as Morgan and she and Grayson and Chris and I got to go on a sunset sailboat cruise, which is perhaps in my top 10 memories of all time (bold statement I know, but it was pretty amazing).


June
In June, Cheyenne and I tagged along on Chris' business trip to Sacramento.  We got to see family and a very pregnant Aunt Megan.  We took a detour to Monterey on the way home and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.  The aquarium was better than we remembered it and Cheyenne was very impressed with the Jelly fish - as were we!

July

July and Cheyenne turned a whole year old.  Park City's summertime festivities called our name and we celebrated there with Main Street festivals, lakeside picnics and warm evening chats.  Chris and I even got to take an anniversary adventure of our own.
July also brought the arrival of our first niece, Lyla Rae.

August
In August we followed the War Horse tour up to San Francisco and we were able to see both sides of the family and have some classic SF sightseeing.  We saw War Horse for a 3rd time and were so proud of Grayson once again.


September
September and Cheyenne was walking.  I went back to school with a new part-time schedule and Cheyenne and I lived up the indian summer weather on my days off.  Our tans lasted the month and our beach picnics continued well into the following month.


October
October and the giant Sequoias beckoned us back.  This trip welcomed new members of the tradition with sweet Lyla and Gould grandparents!  We noticed the growth in the trees and in ourselves.

November
November brought us a move to a new house and unfortunately weeks of being under the weather.  We rotated the symptoms among each other and didn't really emerge into the land of the well until Thanksgiving... and even then we only got a day of this company before they all sunk into the land of the sickies themselves.
December
December and we searched for the perfect tree and decorated the new house in lights and spirit.  We traveled to both Sacramento and Park City to celebrate and ended the year in Laguna with the Sweeneys for a sweet and snug New Year's Eve.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the 2012 year in review! I hope that 2013 finds us all spending more time together :-)

    ReplyDelete