There are a few things that remain the same no matter which date we decide is Christmas and which cake we add candles to. In the big picture these things revolve around the feeling and the love that we share as we sit around a table or a tree. On the smaller scale, there are traditions (especially on the Gould side) that ground us, things that we can lean on as the wind and the times change.
Frosty is one of these things. I love driving up to Gamma and Gampa G's house and seeing Mr. Snowman leaning up against the porch with his scarf and broom. He has a smile that says in a subtle shrug "I thought you guys might be driving up today..."
Here is the 2011 and 2012 family photo with Frosty. It seems that Cheyenne has grown and I have shrunk (I'm gonna hope this is a trend every year!).
Until next year dear Frosty, we will miss you. Thank you for being a constant in our Christmas memories.
P.S. - A then and now of a red
christmas bow!
![]() |
| Cheyenne 2011 Lyla 2012 |


No comments:
Post a Comment