"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Sunday, May 13, 2012

A New Holiday!


The first of the rest of my life.  It is amazing to think about how it is a role that you get to have forever.  I just got to add another holiday to my year!  I mean it always existed before, but I guess I just never knew how celebratory it really is.
We had the perfect day.
Chris and Cheyenne made me a card and a beautiful gift of Cheyenne's hand in plaster.  Chris said that he even spent time wandering around JoAnn's Fabrics (now that's love).
We packed a picnic and drove to Malibu Bluffs Park.  It was a gorgeous day and we kept the company of squirrels, rabbits, lizards and butterflies.  We found a secret hiding picnic bench where Cheyenne enjoyed avocado and hummus and we all watched the ocean and the wildlife.



Cheyenne is quite the observer.  She seems to notice every little detail.  We even caught her staring out into the vast horizon, watching the ocean.  She's definitely is one of us...




4 comments:

  1. What a perfect first Mother's Day for you! The middle picture of the trio of pictures is an absolute mini-Chris! I would love a copy of the one of Cheyenne with the scarf on...it's beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy first Mother's Day Megan! Sounds like it was lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... the picture of Cheyenne looking out into the distance is UNREAL! So precious. So happy that you had a wonderful first Mama's Day as a Mama!

    ReplyDelete