"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Waiting for Summer

I have 2 more weeks of school left before I can really feel like Summer has begun.  The weather here has been a tease really - it has looked like the perfect summer day and yet has been so cold when you step outside.    When does "Summer" start for you?  The first BBQ that keeps everyone outside all night, your first suntan/burn, last day of school, vacation, lemonade, a certain outfit...
I personally can't totally relax into summer mode until school is out, but then, when summer truly feels imminent, there is this pink sparkly nail polish that I put on - courtesy of Jane and Mom (they do it too) and then Summer is officially on.  I'll be sure to share when the sparkles come out this year.  Last year it was on our wedding day!
I can't help but think about this time last year when I was counting down the days to our wedding and Hawaii.  Here are a few wedding memories - they're helping me through the last couple weeks here.







5 comments:

  1. I want to go back!!!!! Beautiful pictures, you two....can't wait to see you on Saturday!
    Love, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes... that wedding, with the sparkling Hawaian Ocean as a back drop and the even more sparkly people to celebrate with was for sure the most fun, happy times I can remember.
    on now more good times comin soon. Wow...
    hold your breath Summer is just a blink away... Get out the nail polish. Already sportin mine !!!
    xo mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a double meaning in the title of this post, isn't there. Isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there is definitely a double meaning, Gray. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I get it...smile. This will be my last week of school and then it's all about vacation and waiting to be a grandma! Happiness ahead ;-)

    ReplyDelete