"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Monday, January 12, 2015

A Resolution Revelation

So here is my annual resolution tradition:  I give myself all month to make them.  In fact, often I give myself until my birthday in mid February.  This way, I have time to look back, look forward and look around and make some goals that fit the year.  To have everything planned out by January 1st puts too much pressure on my shoulders.  So I take some time to try to make them specific and realistic and I give myself some wiggle room for a start date.  I put myself a year older and imagine how I want to feel looking back over the past year and then I go from there.  So I will take the next month to evaluate where I want to be headed in 2015.

Here is one regarding my reading hopes.  I often resolve that I want to read "more" and if I'm lucky that just means my summer binge reading just becomes more plentiful.  So even if these are part of my summer binge, at least I have some titles in my bucket already when summer starts.

Join me with these prompts if you feel so inclined!  And share with me what you read.




















Here are my choices:

Read a book that you have lied about reading - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Read a Short Story collection - One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak
Read a book before the movie - Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Read a biography or autobiography - Bossypants by Tina Fey
Read a book that "everyone is talking about" - The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt






1 comment:

  1. A great idea, but gosh, I've read so many good books lately that I will have to think about this. The only catagory I don't really ever read is short stories. Some good books: The Goldfinch, The Fault in our Stars, All the Light We Cannot See, Wild.

    ReplyDelete