"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Friday, September 14, 2012

A Journey of a thousand miles...

begins with a single step...
and in this case 6 steps!


Cheyenne has been flirting with the idea of walking for quite a while now - a step or two here, a stand and stumble there... but this morning - she walked clear across the room.  So so proud.
(I think my favorite part of these pictures is Chris' face)

One of Chris' coworkers told him that a father "loses" his daughter three times - when she learns to walk, when she learns to drive, and when she gets married.  Although neither of us feel any sense of loss today, there is a certain pang in our hearts knowing that she no longer needs our hands to balance her sweet little feet.  First of many, I know.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that Cheyenne is on the move! How wonderful, and what fun for her to discover all of the new things to be found at eye level ;-)

    ReplyDelete