"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School

And it's back...
already...
It was actually a really great day.  I truly do love my job and my school.  It was hard this morning, not gonna lie there, but at the end of the day I honestly feel that I have a pretty sweet deal here.  I have an ocean view from a beautiful classroom and a really great group of kids.  AND... I scored the best schedule a new Mama could ask for.  Wednesday and Fridays I get to be home with my girl.  I want to give it a month with no expectations so that I can figure out a good routine and use my schedule in the best way.  With the break up in the week, I have to learn how to keep momentum for the week both at school and at home and I need to really focus on being present no matter which hat that I am wearing.  This may take a bit of time to sink into, but I am really feeling good about it.  Good Start today anyway!

A "first day" desk - complete with rosters and calendars and new files


A rare peaceful view of student desks.  

View from my door.
Hard to see in the picture, but the horizon is the ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment