"... to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free... let me forget about today until tomorrow... "


Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Balancing the Bubble


I'm discovering that life as a mama is a constant ebb and flow of holding on and letting go; tucking in and urging forward; letting fall and letting fly.  The tide comes in and I want to hold on to every finger and cradle every bone, then the tide goes out and I want to open doors and set free. 
To hold on or to hold up
I seem to get caught on one side or the other.  I am either worried that I am keeping her
i n    a    b u b b l e
hindering her vision and confidence, or letting her
b e    a    b u b b l e
giving her to the mercy of the wind.

Balancing that bubble each day, every day.  And every day more is at stake - the vision and confidence is more important and the wind grows less merciful.

No comments:

Post a Comment